Current Job Openings
Surgery & Anesthesia Veterinary Technician
PetVet Care Centers, Inc. is one of the nation’s leading operators of veterinary hospitals for companion animals. The company operates over 450 hospitals across multiple states and employs over 11,000 people including over 800 veterinarians. Since its inception, PetVet has been structured around a model that is focused on developing a partnership between the hospitals and the company and providing the highest quality medicine and service.
**Signing Bonus Available for qualified applicant **
Veterinary Referral Associates is looking for a full-time Surgery & Anesthesia technician.
Technician caseload includes patients with many comorbidities (cardiac, renal, hepatic) that require a dedicated team to not only keep them alive but help them thrive under anesthesia. Technicians are able to assist in formulating critical-care anesthesia plans, place arterial and central lines, administer blood products, as well as treat blood pressure abnormalities with different medications.
Anesthesia Veterinary Technicians are responsible for, but not limited to:
- Inducing, intubating, and monitoring anesthesia on critical cases
- Drug calculations and administration
- Obtaining vitals, placing IV as well as arterial catheters, phlebotomy, doppler blood pressure, radiology, blood transfusions, patient advocacy
- Instrument care, cleaning and sterilization
- Hospitalized patient nursing care for post-operative patients
- Client communication and education
Ideal Candidate’s Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Have strong basic technical skills: IVC placement, phlebotomy, radiology, ability to obtain vitals and know basic vitals parameters for dogs and cats
- Ability to safely and securely restrain animals using proper restraint techniques
- Ability to take initiative while working in a team environment
- Excellent communication and client service skills
- Must have sound decision making skills and be able to multi-task while working in an environment of stress
Our Surgery technician will enjoy a 4-day workweek!
We strive to help our technicians maintain a healthy work-life balance by offering set schedules so you can plan your life outside of work. Your schedule will consist of four 10-hour shifts per week with three days off. Anesthesia technicians are required to be part of the anesthesia on-call schedule and you will receive a bonus for each case you are called in for. This will include week day overnights as well as one weekend per month and one holiday per year.
2+ years’ experience as a veterinary technician is required.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shifts
- Monday to Friday
PetVet is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, religion, citizenship, national origin/ancestry, physical/mental disabilities, military status or any other basis prohibited by law. EOE, M/F/D/V
PetVet respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal information. Please see our privacy notice for additional information about our data practices.
Why Consider Our Novato Hospital?
At South Novato Animal Hospital, our team members all share the same passion for making and keeping animals healthy.
Our hospital truly is an excellent place to work, with a highly skilled team focused on 'best in practice' veterinary care.
We are very supportive of individuals looking to grow their veterinary careers and look forward to hearing from you.
We invite you to explore your veterinary career options with South Novato Animal Hospital, where you'll be a respected member of a team that loves animals and values the contributions from every individual on the team.